- SRCC home
- About the Commission
- Functions of the Commission
- Purpose of the Commission
- Make a submission to the Commission
- Information for self-insurers
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Information for applicants and interested parties
- Information on guidance for current self-insurers
- Department of Jobs and Small Business
On 11 April 2019 the Australian Government assumed a caretaker role, with an election to be held 18 May 2019.
Information on websites maintained by Comcare will be published in accordance with the Guidance on Caretaker Conventions until after the election and conclusion of the caretaker period.
Purpose of the Commission
The Commission has a number of general and specific functions under the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 and Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
Its main functions are:
- ensure equity of outcomes under the SRC Act
- provide advice to the Minister
- provide advice and guidance to the jurisdiction
- grant, extend and vary self-insurance licences.