- SRCC home
- About the Commission
- Functions of the Commission
- Purpose of the Commission
- Make a submission to the Commission
- Information for self-insurers
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Information for applicants and interested parties
- Information on guidance for current self-insurers
- Department of Jobs and Small Business
On 11 April 2019 the Australian Government assumed a caretaker role, with an election to be held 18 May 2019.
Information on websites maintained by Comcare will be published in accordance with the Guidance on Caretaker Conventions until after the election and conclusion of the caretaker period.
Information for applicants and interested parties
This section provides guidelines for self-insurance applications, outlines the process involved in becoming a licensee, and explains how a licence application is considered.
The SRCC has developed guidelines and a timetable for the consideration of self-insurance licence applications and renewals.
Becoming a licensee under the SRC Act is a two-step process:
- Step 1 - Eligibility for self insurance for private corporations
- Step 2 - Applying for a self insurance licence
This flow chart outlines the process involved in becoming a licensee.