- SRCC home
- About the Commission
- Functions of the Commission
- Purpose of the Commission
- Make a submission to the Commission
- Information for self-insurers
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Information for applicants and interested parties
- Information on guidance for current self-insurers
- Department of Jobs and Small Business
On 11 April 2019 the Australian Government assumed a caretaker role, with an election to be held 18 May 2019.
Information on websites maintained by Comcare will be published in accordance with the Guidance on Caretaker Conventions until after the election and conclusion of the caretaker period.
Applying for a self-insurance licence
Once declared eligible by the Minister an organisation may then apply to the SRCC for a self-insurance licence.
The self-insurance licence application must contain those elements as set out in the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Regulations 2002 (Part 4).
The licence application must:
- define the scope of the licence
- be signed by the organisation's principle officer
- include the applicant's organisational structure, ABN, location and number of employees
- include details of the organisation's:
- financial and insurance details
- consultation processes
- rehabilitation management
- benefit delivery arrangements
- preventative measures
- arrangement to secure liabilities
- claims management system.
Once all this information is provided, then the SRCC will consider the licence application.