- SRCC home
- About the Commission
- Functions of the Commission
- Purpose of the Commission
- Make a submission to the Commission
- Information for self-insurers
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Information for applicants and interested parties
- Information on guidance for current self-insurers
- Department of Jobs and Small Business
On 11 April 2019 the Australian Government assumed a caretaker role, with an election to be held 18 May 2019.
Information on websites maintained by Comcare will be published in accordance with the Guidance on Caretaker Conventions until after the election and conclusion of the caretaker period.
Regulator Performance Framework
The Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission (the Commission) is established under the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 (SRC Act). It is a statutory body that carries out regulatory functions in relation to Comcare and other authorities that determine workers' compensation claims under the SRC Act.
As the regulator of self-insured licensees under the SRC Act, the Commission is required to implement the Government’s Regulator Performance Framework (the Framework). The Framework encourages regulators to minimise their impact on those they regulate while still delivering the regulatory functions they are required to perform.
The Framework provides regulators with the following standard set of key performance indicators to implement.
|KPI 1||Regulators do not unnecessarily impede the efficient operation of the regulated entities|
|KPI 2||Communication with regulated entities is clear, targeted and effective|
|KPI 3||Actions undertaken by regulators are proportionate to the regulatory risk being managed|
|KPI 4||Compliance and monitoring approaches are streamlined and coordinated|
|KPI 5||Regulators are open and transparent in their dealings with regulated entities|
|KPI 6||Regulators actively contribute to the continuous improvement of regulatory frameworks|
The Commission completed its self-assessment against its endorsed key performance indicators for 2016-17. The Commission’s Regulatory Performance Framework 2016-17 was approved by the Minister in June 2018 and is now available.
- The Australian Government Guide to Regulation―to help change the way policy makers think about regulation and to inform the consultation and policy making processes.
- Regulator Performance Framework— to review the performance of Commonwealth regulators
- Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988
- Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013
- SRCC Regulatory Performance Framework - Key Performance Indicators
- SRCC Regulatory Performance Framework 2016–17
For information on the Government's Regulator Performance Framework, please visit: Cutting Red Tape.