- SRCC home
- About the Commission
- Functions of the Commission
- Purpose of the Commission
- Make a submission to the Commission
- Information for self-insurers
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Information for applicants and interested parties
- Information on guidance for current self-insurers
- Department of employment
Commission grants self-insurance licence to the Australian National University
On 4 December 2017, the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission (the Commission) granted a self-insurance licence to the Australian National University (ANU) under Part VIII of the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 (SRC Act). The licence will commence from 1 July 2018 and expires on 30 June 2026.
In making its decision to grant the licence the Commission, in accordance with the requirements of section 104(2) of the SRC Act, was satisfied that the ANU met the requirements of the legislation in respect of its financial capacity to discharge its liability to pay compensation in respect of its employees, its capacity to meet the Commission's standards for claims management, rehabilitation and work health and safety, and that the granting of the licence was not contrary to the interests of its employees.