- SRCC home
- About the Commission
- Functions of the Commission
- Purpose of the Commission
- Make a submission to the Commission
- Information for self-insurers
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Information for applicants and interested parties
- Information on guidance for current self-insurers
- Providing feedback on self-insured licensees
- Department of Jobs and Small Business
Comcare scheme moratorium lifted
Comcare welcomes the Government’s announcement today to lift the moratorium on new corporations seeking a licence to self-insure under the Comcare scheme.
Lifting the moratorium opens the scheme to eligible multi-state employers to allow them national workers’ compensation coverage.
It will also ensure consistency in coverage and benefits for employees regardless of location and allow employers to focus on the important work of preventing injury and getting injured workers back to work.
Applications for a licence to self-insure are considered and approved by the SRCC. Comcare can advise and support companies seeking a licence to self-insure on the process they need to undertake to be part of the scheme.
Enquiries about self-insurance and applying for a licence in the Comcare scheme can be directed to Comcare on 1300 366 979 or by email email@example.com.
More information on becoming a licensee will be available on our website shortly.
Media Contact:National Media Team
Mobile: 0478 305 675