- SRCC home
- About the Commission
- Functions of the Commission
- Information for self-insurers
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Information for applicants and interested parties
- Information on guidance for current self-insurers
- Providing feedback
- Department of Jobs and Small Business
Outcomes from 17 June 2020 Commission meeting
Below are the outcomes from the 17 June 2020 Commission meeting.
Review of Commission policy to suspend consideration of licence applications
The Commission discussed lifting its policy to suspend consideration of licence applications, noting improvements in the current COVID-19 operating environment.
The Commission agreed to seek assurance from applicants and Comcare that risk factors identified in its policy no longer apply or that appropriate strategies are in place to mitigate the risks moving forward.
The Commission will hold an out of session meeting shortly, to consider the information received.
Commission approach to regulation
The Commission’s regulation of licensees during COVID-19 continues to focus on ensuring that:
- licensees are implementing appropriate responses to minimise the risk and impact of COVID-19 on their workers and operations;
- licensees have arrangements to ensure continuity of claims processing and payments; and
- the financial viability of licensees is managed in accordance with the Commission’s Financial and Prudential Model.
Administration of Virgin Australia Holdings Ltd (Virgin)
The Commission considered an update on the current Virgin voluntary administration process. The Commission continues to monitor the situation and is working closely with Virgin and the Administrators to ensure that the workers’ compensation obligations under the Virgin self-insurance licence continue to be met.