Searchshow menu

Providing feedback on self-insured licensees

A self-insured licensee is an entity licensed by the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission (Commission) to manage workers’ compensation claims made by its employees. View a list of the current self-insured licensees.

If you are an employee of one of these entities your employer will have information on the workers’ compensation arrangements that apply to you. Your employer is required to tell you how you can provide feedback or raise concerns about the management of your workers’ compensation claim.

The ways through which employees can provide feedback or raise concerns are set out below.

You can choose to have someone act as a representative for you, including your union, a family member or a work colleague. Anyone representing you will need to have written authority from you to act as your representative. Comcare has an authority to act template that you can use.

How can I provide feedback?

In the first instance any feedback or concerns should be raised with the employer.

The channels through which you can raise a complaint with your employer include:

  • your supervisor/manager
  • your employer’s workers’ compensation/injury management team;
  • your employer’s third-party workers’ compensation claims manager.

You can also contact Comcare or the Commission as set out below.

Contact Comcare

You can contact Comcare for advice about the legislation or to discuss concerns about the management of a workers’ compensation claim. Comcare can, where relevant, discuss your concerns with your employer which may assist in resolving your concerns.

  • Telephone: 1300 366 979 between 8.30am and 5.00pm Canberra time, Monday to Friday (calls from mobile phones are charged at mobile phone rates) or call Comcare’s Feedback team directly on 02 6160 3985.
  • Email: or for anonymous feedback please use the online feedback form.
  • Write to: Comcare, GPO Box 9905, Canberra, ACT 2601.

If required, Comcare can arrange interpreter services.

Contact the Commission

You can contact the Commission where you have concerns than an employer may have breached, or if you have evidence an employer has breached, its self-insurance licence. The Commission may consider taking action on the concerns raised, including conducting its own investigation of the employer to determine if a breach has occurred. The Commission’s functions do not extend to investigating complaints in relation to individual claims matters.

Information products

Licensees are required to provide information to employees about the options to provide feedback on the management of workers' compensation claims when a claim is made.

Licensees can provide this information in either a standard form or tailored form so that internal licensee feedback mechanisms can be included with this information. The products below support this.

Further information

Further information about providing feedback, including frequently asked questions is available on the Comcare website.

Page last updated: 13 Aug 2020
The Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission acknowledges the traditional owners and custodians of country throughout Australia and acknowledges their continuing connection to land, sea and community. We pay our respects to the people, the cultures and the elders past, present and emerging.