- SRCC home
- About the Commission
- Functions of the Commission
- Purpose of the Commission
- Make a submission to the Commission
- Information for self-insurers
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Information for applicants and interested parties
- Information on guidance for current self-insurers
- Department of employment
Eligibility for self-insurance for private corporations
Once declared eligible by the Minister an organisation may then apply to the SRCC for a self-insurance licence.
The self-insurance licence application must contain those elements as set out in the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Regulations 2002 (Part 4).
The licence application must:
- define the scope of the licence
- be signed by the organisation's principle officer
- include the applicant's organisational structure, ABN, location and number of employees
- include details of the organisation's:
- financial and insurance details
- consultation processes
- rehabilitation management
- benefit delivery arrangements
- preventative measures
- arrangement to secure liabilities
- claims management system.
Once all this information is provided, then the SRCC will consider the licence application.
Self-insurance eligibility flow-chart
For more information on the declaration of eligibility process contact the Department of Employment.
All enquiries about self-insurance and applying for a licence in the Comcare scheme can be directed to Comcare's Self-insurance team on 1300 366 979 or via email.
Information on the Comcare scheme is available through Comcare's website, and through the 'Self Insurance' section of the Commission website.
Information on meeting the ongoing conditions of a self-insurance licence is also available.