- SRCC home
- About the Commission
- Functions of the Commission
- Purpose of the Commission
- Make a submission to the Commission
- Information for self-insurers
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Information for applicants and interested parties
- Information on guidance for current self-insurers
- Providing feedback on self-insured licensees
- Department of Jobs and Small Business
Eligibility for self-insurance for private corporations
Once declared eligible by the Minister an organisation may then apply to the SRCC for a self-insurance licence.
The self-insurance licence application must contain those elements as set out in the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Regulations 2002 (Part 4).
The licence application must:
- define the scope of the licence
- be signed by the organisation's principle officer
- include the applicant's organisational structure, ABN, location and number of employees
- include details of the organisation's:
- financial and insurance details
- consultation processes
- rehabilitation management
- benefit delivery arrangements
- preventative measures
- arrangement to secure liabilities
- claims management system.
Once all this information is provided, then the SRCC will consider the licence application.
Self-insurance eligibility flow-chart
For more information on the declaration of eligibility process contact the Department of Employment.
All enquiries about self-insurance and applying for a licence in the Comcare scheme can be directed to Comcare's Self-insurance team on 1300 366 979 or via email.
Information on the Comcare scheme is available through Comcare's website, and through the 'Self Insurance' section of the Commission website.