- SRCC home
- About the Commission
- Functions of the Commission
- Information for self-insurers
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Information for applicants and interested parties
- Information on guidance for current self-insurers
- Providing feedback
- Department of Jobs and Small Business
Guidelines for Rehabilitation Authorities
The Guidelines for Rehabilitation Authorities 2019 are issued to rehabilitation authorities in relation to their performance and exercise of their functions and powers under Part III — Rehabilitation of the Safety Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 (SRC Act).
The Guidelines for Rehabilitation Authorities FAQs on Comcare’s website provides further information on the Guidelines for Rehabilitation Authorities 2019.
The Safety Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission’s role
The Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission (SRCC) is the issuing authority and regulator of self-insurance licences under the SRC Act.
The SRCC has an oversight role in relation to licensees’ rehabilitation performance to ensure licensees comply with:
- the requirements under the SRC Act;
- their conditions of licence; and
- the performance standards and measures set by the SRCC.
Resources for employees
Comcare’s website provides an overview of the steps in the return to work process for employees.
Resources for licensees
The Rehabilitation Case Manager Handbook on Comcare’s website is a comprehensive guide that details the requirements and better practice guidance for rehabilitation in the Comcare scheme.